April: 2, 9, 23, 30 May: 7, 14, 21, 28
April: 4, 11, 25 May: 2, 9, 16, 23
MBYLL Schedule will be set Sunday March, 10. Games will start Sunday April, 7th
*Once complete, please register for the Falmouth Navigators program, have your sons MBYLL number ready for entering.
CroART Basketball has registered to conduct the local competition for the Jr. NBA Skills Challenge presented by Under Armour Saturday, November 23. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place finishers in each age and gender group are submitted and advance to a Regional Competition.
Jr NBA Skills Challenge
10:00am - 12:00pm
7 Highfield Drive, Falmouth.
Participation is FREE
Open to Boys & Girls 13 & Under Age is determined as of August 31, 2020
Compete for the chance to win an all-expense paid trip to NYC.
Meet Falmouth Academy Coaches and Players
Regional Competitions: The 1st Place Champion in each age and gender group from each of the Regional Competitions will automatically advance to the National Finals.
National Finals: The Regional Competition Champions (top male and female in each age group) will compete in the National Finals.
· Finalists win an all−expense paid trip to New York City, receive gift bags, attend special events, interact with NBA/WNBA/G−League Players, Legends, & Draftees, and attend the 2020 NBA Draft presented by State Farm.
Jr. NBA Skills Challenge Presented by Under Armour
The Jr. NBA Skills Challenge presented by Under Armour provides boys and girls, ages 13 and younger, the opportunity to showcase their fitness through a dribbling, shooting, and rebounding skills competition in the sport of basketball. The program is free for all participants and organizations. Boys and girls compete separately in two different age groups: 11U and 13U.
Our fun skill development sessions will challenge all players and levels. We customize to the players not the group. Sessions will run from January through March.
Our coaches will be emphasizing the fundamental skills of lacrosse with a strong focus on developing proper technique. We are committed to GROWING, SKILLS, SPEED AND SPIRIT!
Mondays - January 6 – March 23
Grades Pre K- 4, 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Grades 5-12, 6:00pm to 7:15pm
Program Dates - 10 Sessions
January - 6, 13, 28
February - 3, 10, 24
March - 2, 9, 16, 23
$400 for 10 Sessions
$250 for 5 Sessions
Groups will be split age appropriately for each session
· Girls Pre K - K
· Girls grades 1 & 2
· Girls grades 3 & 4
· Girls grades 5 & 6
· Girls grades 7 & 8
· Girls grades 9 to 12
The South Central Division, is comprised of 16 towns, 101 teams, and over ~1600 players. Recently a committee was formed and funded to investigate opportunities to enrich the experience for our players and families. With a portion of these funds, the Enrichment Committee has negotiated a partnership with the Premier Lacrosse League and Kraft Sports and Entertainment to provide our kids and families special access to the weekend’s events, along with recognition opportunities for Players, Coaches and Ofﬁcials in the weeks leading up to the event. This partnership includes weekly recognition from each South Central town program, that all culminates at Gillette Stadium for on ﬁeld recognition and an amazing weekend of lacrosse. For each of the 16 towns in our region, this program honors a “Player of the week”, a “Rookie of the Week” for our ﬁrst-year players, “Coach of the Week”, and “Outstanding Ofﬁcials” award for which we would recognize this group of people during the June 1 games at halftime or between during pre-game festivities.
Additional activities for those recognized include:
• On-ﬁeld recognition for all recipients, including special stadium and pre-game access.
• PLL coaches meet the MBYLL recognized Coaches before the games to discuss the impacts a coach can have on young men.
• Ofﬁcials meet with the PLL game Ofﬁcials before the games to discuss the values of ofﬁciating and to encourage them to continue serving the game.
• PLL player attend a practice of each of the South Central region towns in honor of “Player of the Week” in each town. This could either be during the month of May leveraging local PLL players or the week leading up to June 1 and 2. PLL will do their best to accommodate each Town, but is scheduled dependent.
HOW IT WORKS
• Please notify your coaches to nominate a player to your Director or President, where you will decide internally who the winner is each week.
• Celebrate the moment as you see appropriate in your Town.
• Make sure you notify the player and the parent of their award, and also email email@example.com with the winner by Tuesday evening of each week so we can promote and track accordingly.
• Those recognized will receive a pair of tickets to the PLL event, as well as on-ﬁeld recognition, special access, and other possible surprises
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
• Each week a deserving player that is a ﬁrst-year player that conveys spirit, pride and dedication to learning the game.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Each week a deserving player that embodies the games as a teammate, leader and player.
• This award is not intended to recognize a top goal scorer, but someone with true on-and-oﬀ ﬁeld commitment to the program.
COACH OF THE WEEK
• Each week to a deserving Coach who is a mentor, educator and role model for these rising lacrosse players.
OUTSTANDING OFFICIAL AWARD
• These awards should go to Oﬃcials that you witnessed who not only called a fair and controlled game, but provided teachable moments and positivity that overall made the game enjoyable no matter which side of the scoreboard you were on.
• Both Associate Oﬃcials and Sr. Oﬃcials are eligible to receive based on their oﬃciating during a Sunday Classic game.
• This award is intended to be presented in-the-moment, after a game, by a Coach or Town Director as you deem appropriate.
• ALL 16 Towns in the South Central region are eligible, and should promote accordingly. The more we promote within our Town the more beneﬁts you’ll have, and overall we’ll have as a region.
• Do it each week, and don’t wait until the last week. Make sure you send your results to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday evening of each week.
• Nominate a leader in your program who will be your designated Town contact so the Enrichment Committee can liaise with each week and up to the Gillette event.
• Take pictures, capture stories, and share the reasons for these recognitions. These are all great for our community, and what makes each of our programs special.