Have a son or daughter between 6 and 8 years old looking to have fun and learn how to play lacrosse? Weelax is just for them.
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
April 9, April 16, April 30
May 7, May 14, May 21, May 28
If you would like to register your child, you can do so by clicking the Weelax Logo to the right .
April: 7, 14, 28 May: 5, 12, 19, 26
April: 2, 9, 16, 30 May: 7, 14, 21, 28
|Falmouth||U13 Grades 5/6||Gray|
|Falmouth||U11 Grades 3/4||Gray|
*Once complete, please register for the Falmouth Navigators program, have your sons MBYLL number ready for entering.
Our fun skill development sessions will challenge all players and levels. We customize to the players not the group. Sessions will run from January through March.
Our coaches will be emphasizing the fundamental skills of lacrosse with a strong focus on developing proper technique. We are committed to GROWING, SKILLS, SPEED AND SPIRIT!
Mondays - January 6 – March 23
Grades 5 - 12, 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Wednesdays - January 8 – March 25
Grades Pre K- 4, 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Monday Program Dates - 10 Sessions
January - 6, 13, 27
February - 3, 10, 24
March - 2, 9, 16, 23
Wednesday Program Dates - 10 Sessions
January - 8, 15, 29
February - 5, 12, 26
March - 4, 11, 18, 25
$400 for 10 Sessions
$250 for 5 Sessions
Groups will be split age appropriately for each session
· Girls Pre K - K
· Girls grades 1 & 2
· Girls grades 3 & 4
· Girls grades 5 & 6
· Girls grades 7 & 8
· Girls grades 9 to 12
The South Central Division, is comprised of 16 towns, 101 teams, and over ~1600 players. Recently a committee was formed and funded to investigate opportunities to enrich the experience for our players and families. With a portion of these funds, the Enrichment Committee has negotiated a partnership with the Premier Lacrosse League and Kraft Sports and Entertainment to provide our kids and families special access to the weekend’s events, along with recognition opportunities for Players, Coaches and Ofﬁcials in the weeks leading up to the event. This partnership includes weekly recognition from each South Central town program, that all culminates at Gillette Stadium for on ﬁeld recognition and an amazing weekend of lacrosse. For each of the 16 towns in our region, this program honors a “Player of the week”, a “Rookie of the Week” for our ﬁrst-year players, “Coach of the Week”, and “Outstanding Ofﬁcials” award for which we would recognize this group of people during the June 1 games at halftime or between during pre-game festivities.
Additional activities for those recognized include:
• On-ﬁeld recognition for all recipients, including special stadium and pre-game access.
• PLL coaches meet the MBYLL recognized Coaches before the games to discuss the impacts a coach can have on young men.
• Ofﬁcials meet with the PLL game Ofﬁcials before the games to discuss the values of ofﬁciating and to encourage them to continue serving the game.
• PLL player attend a practice of each of the South Central region towns in honor of “Player of the Week” in each town. This could either be during the month of May leveraging local PLL players or the week leading up to June 1 and 2. PLL will do their best to accommodate each Town, but is scheduled dependent.
HOW IT WORKS
• Please notify your coaches to nominate a player to your Director or President, where you will decide internally who the winner is each week.
• Celebrate the moment as you see appropriate in your Town.
• Make sure you notify the player and the parent of their award, and also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the winner by Tuesday evening of each week so we can promote and track accordingly.
• Those recognized will receive a pair of tickets to the PLL event, as well as on-ﬁeld recognition, special access, and other possible surprises
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
• Each week a deserving player that is a ﬁrst-year player that conveys spirit, pride and dedication to learning the game.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Each week a deserving player that embodies the games as a teammate, leader and player.
• This award is not intended to recognize a top goal scorer, but someone with true on-and-oﬀ ﬁeld commitment to the program.
COACH OF THE WEEK
• Each week to a deserving Coach who is a mentor, educator and role model for these rising lacrosse players.
OUTSTANDING OFFICIAL AWARD
• These awards should go to Oﬃcials that you witnessed who not only called a fair and controlled game, but provided teachable moments and positivity that overall made the game enjoyable no matter which side of the scoreboard you were on.
• Both Associate Oﬃcials and Sr. Oﬃcials are eligible to receive based on their oﬃciating during a Sunday Classic game.
• This award is intended to be presented in-the-moment, after a game, by a Coach or Town Director as you deem appropriate.
• ALL 16 Towns in the South Central region are eligible, and should promote accordingly. The more we promote within our Town the more beneﬁts you’ll have, and overall we’ll have as a region.
• Do it each week, and don’t wait until the last week. Make sure you send your results to email@example.com by Tuesday evening of each week.
• Nominate a leader in your program who will be your designated Town contact so the Enrichment Committee can liaise with each week and up to the Gillette event.
• Take pictures, capture stories, and share the reasons for these recognitions. These are all great for our community, and what makes each of our programs special.